Thursday, January 5, 2023

Today

Today

Today is a new day

As the minutes pass before my face

Time waves with its hands, 

Reminding me that a new night is to come.


The night is dark, but not black.

Those black days when when I could not see my face,

or the face of my assaulter, 

That blackness has fled far and off by a great light.


The blackness that caused me to sweat and fear 

To tremble, to hide from hope,

Has only uncovered me for some seasons.

For a reason. For a revelation.


I feel now, I have strength. 

I have complimentary power.

It came to me all in time, at the right moment.


I am not convicted, I carry no guilt because I did not slay.

I refuse daily to saddle the ass, that is stubborn and bears

me ill will.


Ignore me?

It is the choice of your demise.

Avoidance is refusal.

No help in time of need?

This too will confound you in the end.


I have chosen to mount on eagles wings.

I have chosen to fly above the mountains.

I will walk with confidence through the valleys in my life


I am humbled heart because this I know...

It was once lost, but now it is found.

I was once bound and tormented for that while,

But now I am free. 


I once depended and called to a false hope,

Of this I have repented.

In my ignorance I linked onto a chain with an anchor

that was connected to unfruitful minds.


In my pain and in my suffering,

 I saw what my hope leaned on.

My own understanding misguided me to blackness.

Swiped left!


Thank God!

My light, my salvation!

Jesus my fixer.

He caused me to comprehend.


He makes it so easy.

I called out to Him,

He heard my cry in the valley,

My echoes reached him in through my wilderness.


In him there is only light, no darkness.

He Answered me, only Him!

For this I am eternally thankful.


Soaring above it all.

I will land on the rock.

My rock, Jesus.

All else will and has failed.


My trust is in you Lord.














No comments: