Friday, May 30, 2008

Thank You My Friends- My Family

This morning I woke up and I found a breath of fresh air that made me feel so alive. I asked myself what can I do differently today that can show how much I appreciate life? And my I answer is, I will show appreciation to my friends and family.

So below is a list, find your name and read one of many reasons why appreciate you.

Mom: Lucy Collazo- I learned from you that nothing in life is easy, and that what one says has little or no value. Value comes when you value yourself and do not talk of things to come. Just know that when it arrives it's all because of hard work by you or others. So always appreciate labor. Mom, I appreciate your labor. Another thing I learned from you was that by being mean and cold one can really cause the recipient of this action to want to be warm and kind. Thanks Mom you made me a better person, I love you for that.
P.S. Whenever I eat a Bialy- it always reminds me of the time when we were together and you told me "What so special about a Bialy- it taste like a MiDonal hamburger bun with onions" lol.

Dad: Carlos Collazo -Even though you are not here in body, I know that you are here in spirit. What I learned from you was if you seek, you will find. To keep the things you do find only if it edifies and causes growth. You taught me to seek God and you will find treasures that will not perish. I love you Dad.
P.S. Every time I see the ocean it always reminds me of the time we went to L.I. Beach and you saw a school of fish from afar. We were he-ho-ing a raft over our heads and you yelled out "The fish, the fish they are getting away" and we went running down the sand dunes like maniacs. Half way down the hill we fell and the raft went flying in the wind like a kite and you started to laugh hysterically and so did I- you looked at me and said it's ok, they were flying fish- they flew away, Good times.

Brother #1: Melvin - Wow! what I learned from you was that even if you are blessed with an enormous amount of Knowledge, it doesn't necessarily indicate that you are wise. You are the smartest person I know naturally. In you, I learn that quitting is an option, that though you choose to quick the things that diminish, that doesn't mean you are quitter.  You have made me stronger and wiser in so many ways. I will always love you with a passion. P.S. Every time I old bottle caps it reminds me of the scully game you use to play, I can still see you playing in the middle of 194th street in my mind.

Brother #2: Alex - What I learned from you was that silence is golden. You were so quiet in all our family storms. In your stillness I saw peace and reason. God is with you, I saw it then and I feel it now still and it brings me comfort.
P.S. I never forget playing chopper with you- Thanks for sleeping with me and making me feel safe at night bubba. Good times!

My Son #1: Nathaniel - I am still learning how to be a better mother/grandmother. Because of you I have learned that life can be a web, perfectly tangled, silky, luring and at the same time it can be a trap. Not that you have trapped me, but that you are a beautiful silky web that can catch so many opportunities but yet manage to let them slip way from your grasp. I am the spider building another web for you. I am learning each and everyday to build a better web where I can catch better opportunities to teach you a better way on how to grasp the good things in life. That's all I can do my son whom I love with all the forces of my heart. Thanks for teaching me how to be a wiser mother.
P.S.- I never forget the day you let me blow-out your hair- you looked liked a big black lollipop! Good times!

My Son #2: Jared - What learned from you is how to receive love. I feel your love. It heals me at times and it brings me joy. I have learned what need is. You need and I need. We feel a need to want each other, and that is a great feeling! Thank you Jared for loving unconditionally. I will love you Jared always. Never stop playing that horn!
P.S. I will never forget the time I started cutting your hair and it ended up being a buzz cut and you were so mad that you didn't feel happy until you shaved your dads head. lol

My Husband: Armando: I definitely have learned sooooo much about myself by getting to know you. I have learned endurance, patience and that life can be a lesson when your partner lets you figure things out. I have a long to way to go with you still, but I am grateful that I can share with you. I love you because its my choice. Thats why I think that it will work. Everything else will come by cause and effect. Thank you my love.
P.S. Never forget the day that we went to Carnegie Hall and I asked you "Como esta mi pelo?" and you started singing "Me gusta el Peloton" and we broke out into a hysterical laughter and we had to leave the show cause we couldn't stop laughing. Good times.

My BFF: Awilda B.- Of all the people in my life I want you to know that I truly love you. With my family love comes through the blood, with my husband- love came by God. But with you- love came by spirit., you are my spiritual sister. I learned from you, generosity, patience, unselfishness and laughter. You have always been there for me. You have shown me qualities of a true humanitarian. You never judged me, we never fought, we have always been united in spirit. You have always given me a lesson in God, and for this and everything I thank you! I pray that God will always restore, expand and rebless you always. I love you Awilda always!

My BFF: Ivette T.- Each- Man o man what can I not say about you? I have definitely learned so much with you. You are my first best friend. With you I traveled, I have fought, wrestled, smoked, boozed, skate, danced, cried, and most definitely laughed. I learned what it was to be Cuban and how to decipher the Spanish language at Evelyn wood speed, lol. I learned about photography, computers and about so many types of "ology" with you. Still to this day I keep learning from you. You hold a special place in my heart. I become a kid over and over again when I am with you. When you are not around- what am I talking about- you are somehow always around, lol. Thats why I can't stop lovin you- cause you are always around. Thanks for that and remember no one can break up the BBC!
P.S. When ever I remember "Hey- Hey is for horses" it always reminds me why I fell for you.

My BFF: Damaris O.- What have I learned from you? I have learned that listening is the key to understanding. When we talk you are always available to listen. You never take sides. You always let me settle and rise and thats a key thing in a friendship. Thats golden. We are the golden girls, lol- I know- not that old yet! But what I mean by this is that we are polished and not tarnished with the crazy events in our lives. We are blessed and not a mess. We will perceiver in life because our friendship was designed by God. It's so nice having you as a friend. God bless you always- Ariana too!
PS. I will never forget the psycho blind date I set you with Panama Jacko. Promise never to do that again. P.S.S. also the time when we were kids and the motorboat recording- lol!


No comments: